Established in 1989, SAPAAC is now one of Stanford University's largest alumni organizations. We organize networking and community building opportunities for Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni, fund a scholarship for current students, support the Asian American Activities Center (A3C) at Stanford, and advocate for APA communities on campus.
SAPAAC is an official, chartered club of the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), whose mission is to reach, serve and engage Stanford alumni by nurturing strong intellectual and emotional connections between the university and its graduates.
What is SAPAAC?
To promote and support the educational, professional, and social interest of Stanford Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni and the Stanford community.
- Provide avenues of social & professional interaction for APA alumni
- Keep members informed of APA affairs related to Stanford
- Serve as role models for Stanford APA students
- Inform Stanford administration of APA concerns and issues
- Encourage hiring, promotion, and retention of APA faculty
- Perform community service
The SAPAAC Board
The SAPAAC board is responsible for guiding the organization in achieving its mission statement and goals. Elections to the board and officer leadership roles are held annually, while board members serve overlapping, two-year terms.
Officers for 2012-2013
- President - Linda Tran - '06, MA '07 - lmtran @alumni.stanford.edu (2nd Term: 2012-13)
- Executive Committee - Linda Lee - '07 - lzlee01 @gmail.com (1st Term: 2011-13); Kimi Narita - '07 BA, '11 JD/MS - kcnarita @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014) ; Henry Tsai - '10, MA '10 - henrytsai @stanfordalumni.org (1st Term: 2011-12)
- Treasurer - Adrian Arima - '72, MS '72 - a.arima @yahoo.com (1st Term: 2011-13)
- Secretary - Diana Rivera - '08 - diaustria @gmail.com (1st Term: 2011-13)
At-Large Board Members for 2012-2013
- Marshall Bennett - MA ‘10 - goodnations @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Stacie Cheng - MBA '99 - ssc @staciecheng.com (2nd Term: 2011-13)
- Christine Cordero - '02 - christine.cordero @gmail.com (1st Term: 2011-13)
- Phillip Hon - '10 - pchon @alumni.stanford.edu (1st Term: 2011-13)
- Emily K. Lee - ‘84 - emily.lee @ucsf.edu (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Owen Li - '03 - owencenli @yahoo.com (1st Term: 2011-13)
- Christopher Loh - MBA '91 - chris_loh @sbcglobal.net (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Richard Tom - ‘82 - rt1813 @yahoo.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Alfred Wang - PhD ‘06 - alfredwang @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Michael Wu - MA' 12 - michaelmwu @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
SAPAAC Committees for 2012-2013
Joining one of our committees is your opportunity to share your experience and expertise with the Stanford alumni community. Please contact a committee chair for more information. We welcome your ideas and involvement!
- Issues & Advocacy - . Christine Cordero, Owen Li, Diana Austria, Marshall Bennett, Phillip Hon
- Membership & Outreach - Kimi Narita, Henry Tsai, Stacie Cheng
- Events - Adrian Arima, Emily Lee, Alfred Wang, Richard Tom
* Committee co-chairs are bolded