What is SAPAAC?
Established in 1989, SAPAAC is now one of Stanford University's largest alumni organizations. We organize networking and community building opportunities for Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni, fund a scholarship for current students, support the Asian American Activities Center (A3C)at Stanford, and advocate for APA communities on campus.
SAPAAC is an official, chartered club of the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), whose mission is to reach, serve and engage Stanford alumni by nurturing strong intellectual and emotional connections between the university and its graduates.
To promote and support the educational, professional, and social interest of Stanford Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni and the Stanford community.
- Provide avenues of social & professional interaction for APA alumni
- Keep members informed of APA affairs related to Stanford
- Serve as role models for Stanford APA students
- Inform Stanford administration of APA concerns and issues
- Encourage hiring, promotion, and retention of APA faculty
- Perform community service
The SAPAAC Board
The SAPAAC board is responsible for guiding the organization in achieving its mission statement and goals. Elections to the board and officer leadership roles are held annually, while board members serve overlapping, two-year terms.
Officers for 2016-2017
- Executive - Benjamin Fong - '08 - ben.fong @gmail.com (1st Term: 2016-2018)
- Treasurer - Van Anh Tran - '13 - vananhntran @gmail.com (2nd Term: 2016-2018)
- At-Large Board Members for 2016-2017
- Marsha Fong - '77 - marshafong @sbcglobal.net (2nd Term: 2016-2018)
- Susan Hainze - MS '84 - susan @hainze.com (1st Term: 2015-2017)
- Kevin Hsu - '08, MS '11 - sustainable.idea @gmail.com (1st Term: 2015-2017)
- Kim Huynh - '14 - kimhuynh159 @gmail.com (1st Term: 2015-2017)
- Justin Lam - '13 - jthlam @gmail.com (2nd Term: 2016-2018)
- Stephen Lee - MS '07/MBA '13 - thestephenlee @gmail.com (2nd Term: 2016-2018)
- Solina Kwan - ’92 (1st Term: 2016-2018)
- Kunal Sangani - ’16 (1st Term: 2016-2018)
- Rachel Cao - ’15 (1st Term: 2016-2018)
Recent board members who have termed out: Christopher Loh (MBA ’91), Kimi Narita (’07, JD/MS ’11), Michael Wu (MS ’12), Emily Lee (’84, MS ’85), Christina Nguyen (’13).
SAPAAC Committees for 2016-2017
Joining one of our committees is your opportunity to share your experience and expertise with the Stanford alumni community. Please contact a committee chair for more information. We welcome your ideas and involvement! Please contact the below co-chairs for more information: