SAPAAC Board Elections 2018
Loved Stanford's Asian American community? Miss it? Want to reconnect and get involved again?
Run for a two-year term from September 2018 to September 2020
Candidates must hold a paid SAPAAC membership (you can join at http://www.sapaac.org/join-sapaac/) and must be able to attend the first board meeting and one-day retreat in the Bay Area tentatively scheduled for the weekend of September 8, 2018. Attending this meeting in person is strongly preferred, but online arrangements can also be made if board members are abroad. This retreat will be the first SAPAAC Board meeting of the year. In recent years, the board has had fewer local members, so applicants from the Bay Area are encouraged as the board operates primarily from this location!
- Interested candidates fill out an application/candidate statement here.
- Candidate statements will be available on the SAPAAC website for a 3-week voting period.
- SAPAAC membership will view candidate statements on the website and vote.
Important dates include:
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018: Candidate statements due
- Sunday, August 13, 2018: New Board members announced
- September 8, 2018 (Final Date TBD): Board Transition Meet & Greet with Mandatory SAPAAC Board Retreat in SF Bay Area
Founded in 1989, SAPAAC is one of Stanford's largest national alumni organizations. We host networking and community building events, advocate for the A3C and API issues on campus, and strive to keep API alumni connected to Stanford. As alumni, we have a unique opportunity to make our voices heard and ensure that Stanford continues to make progress towards being a safe, inclusive, and empowering environment for our communities.
Join us and help lead efforts to build the Stanford Asian American alumni community!